Sunday, October 19, 2014

Blinded by too much technology

Yesterday I had another flat while riding my bike down the mountain. I heard a loud “Ffffff!” coming from my front wheel and I stopped; I just had another flat.

Now that I'm getting used to that sort of incident, I thought I could change my inner tube in a snap. Wrong! I couldn't even get my wheel out of the fork. You see, my new bike is equipped with a RockShox “Thru Axle,” and I couldn't figure out how to remove the wheel.

I hand-carried my bike down the mountain and my wife had to meet me on the road below, with the car. I searched online, looked up on Youtube, but still didn't understand how to proceed. Finally, a couple of hours later, tired, desperate and frustrated, I drove my crippled bike to the sport shop and they showed me. I observed, I understood and I won't ever forget.

Embracing modern solutions is also welcoming continued education and becoming a learning sponge!

No comments: