Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Willful acts and destiny

When I look back at my own life, I am amazed how I got where I am today, between the decisions I made, the initiative I took on my own and the various events that came – often out of the blue – to cement my destiny.

Today, I can say that I had control on many elements of my life while some mysterious under-currents made every piece of my life-puzzle perfectly fit into a pretty harmonious picture.

This, I feel, is quite remarkable, because it shows me that we get inspired to do certain things, that intuitive source of initiative is quite mysterious and then a host of elements that we don't control tend to come out of nowhere, plug the whole and complete the story.

While many wonder “why am I here on this earth?”, my existential question is simply “How did I get from there to here?”

No comments: