Saturday, October 4, 2014

More on the art of bike repairs and maintenance...

Yesterday, I suffered a flat while mountain-biking with my wife. She's the one who noticed that my rear tire was flat and told me to pull over and fix it.

I did my very best to handle the situation calmly, but the problem is that I don't have to do this every week and not even every year, so I need to remember carefully what I need to do, not panic and try to make all the good moves and follow the right steps.This is an example when superficial and sporadic practice proves woefully insufficient.

As if the drill wasn't stressful enough, I managed to bend the stem of the Presta valve when I removed the pump, which prompted me to view a few more Youtube video when I got back home and start beefing-up my thin knowledge about fat tire feed and care...

No comments: