Thursday, October 2, 2014

Chris Sprecher, 1964-2014

Towards the end of September, my wife noticed an obituary on the local paper that involved a Deer Valley ski instructor who had passed from a fatal car accident on Sept. 10, 2014, in Kohala, Hawaii.

I immediately remembered him from some videos I had done about him and also from the fact that he bore the same surname as my good friend Andreas “Söre” Sprecher, from Klosters, Switzerland. Most importantly, though, he was a very friendly and accommodating fellow who clearly loved skiing and mountain life.

Last night, the upstairs room at the Snow Park Lodge was packed with family, friends and colleagues who kept on reminiscing “Sprecher”, as he was called, in an emotionally charged atmosphere. I had edited a short video clip gathered from files I had saved, that was included at his life celebration.

Much too young to leave, of course, but from what I saw and heard, his was a great life filled to the rim!

No comments: