Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Roland Cattin, 1948-2014

Road biking is dangerous, not just for the falls caused by car traffic or other reasons, but because many a mature rider has lost their life due to the shear efforts the sport demands.

This happened this past Sunday, October 19, when Roland Cattin, CEO and founder of Time Sport International, passed away near his home in Paris, following a bicycle ride. The cause of death was a heart attack.

Roland was my boss for two years when I still was working with Look ski bindings and I remember him as an intensely passionate business person. He landed into the ski business through his first marriage to the daughter of Look founders and did the very best he could to save the company before it was acquired by Bernard Tapie.

He was a good and very fair boss to me. I'll never forget his stark intensity and commitment to his mission. He'll be missed an awful lot.

No comments: