Saturday, October 25, 2014

Simple solutions to complex problems

I must like projects and after a big one, like building a home, my current one is creating a cove lighting setup for my daughter's apartment in Washington, D.C.

For a couple of months now, I've been racking my brains to find a solution that is elegant, durable and easy to execute. Thank to the internet, Youtube and a few forums, I have almost narrowed down my options and found a solution that I feel comfortable with. 
Best of all, I've learned so much in the process! Since that job is taking place 2,000 miles from my home and all my tools, I need to get my act together and I plan to write an assembly/manufacturing process to make certain my bases are well covered, something I haven't done for the past 50 years, back in the days I attended the engineering school in Cluses, France.

This should be interesting!

No comments: