Sunday, April 24, 2016

Crowdfunding and me...

If you need easy money these days, remember that there's always crowdfunding!

I'm not talking about folks that are down on their luck and legitimately asking for help through the means of crowd funding, like those stricken by sickness, death a of close relative or victim of some “act of god...”

Of course, there's the entrepreneur who can always trade equity or future earnings in a risky start-up for a helping nudge, but I'm talking here about those people who try to get a free ride to attain a goal that could normally be reached through their own efforts and talents.

I'm thinking in particular about athletes, students or other types who think that the public at large ought to pitch in and assist them in funding their own professional endeavor out of the kindness of their hearts. This is where I'd probably draw the line and would not encourage what amounts to begging, by giving my own money for a dubious cause...

No comments: