Monday, April 4, 2016

Problem with daylight saving time...

America has reverted to daylight saving time for weeks now. Yesterday morning, I had no idea that it was Europe's turn.

So, as I woke up, my sleepy eyes deciphered 5:50 am on the barely lit alarm clock and I didn't hear the furnace; it should have kicked in at precisely 5:45!

I walked to the living room thermostat and saw no action, logged into my computer to the thermostat page, saw that it was programmed to 5:45 am, but nothing was happening either.
I became totally puzzled, cursed the system until another 5 to 10 minutes later when I finally realized that the “real time” was about 4:59 and not 5:59 am!

My old alarm clock tricked me one more year, with its turn of the century programming that was all changed by this idiot of George Bush after September 11, 2001!

No comments: