Sunday, November 18, 2018

Acting on intuition

It is said that intuition isn't a masculine trait, as some, like Red Green, state “men don't have intuition, they only have gut-feelings...” but I would disagree with that conventional wisdom.

Just like women do, men have insights too, right? Well, my point isn't about having intuition or not, but rather what to do with these bubble-like signals that pop up from our subconscious, alerting us about dangers or opportunities.

Too often, we ignore these, only to regret it later. So how should we manage our insights? First, we should investigate them: Do they make sense? What are they going to bring us? At what cost?

When we've got these answers, we have enough information to decide to either go forward with a plan or ignore the impulse. So far, I've been pretty well served each time I have seriously pursued my intuitions; granted, I've had some setbacks, but these are part of the inherent risk of trying something out of the ordinary.

Yet, more often than not, I've regretted not acting on these personal pulses and this is why, as time advances, I don't need any more regrets in my portfolio!

No comments: