Sunday, November 25, 2018

To plug or not to plug...

I love Tesla cars, but I'm still uneasy about what I see as a “logistical problem” with 100% electric cars. It's about what my wife and I like to do; the American Road Adventure Trip.

Another way to call it, is an improvised wandering somewhere in the West, lasting between a week to ten days.

Having to recharge everyday or even more would place a serious damper on that dreamlike adventure, and even though it's minimal, I hate to have to scrape it altogether if we were dependent upon a fully electric car and its lengthy as well as challenging and disrupting charges.

That's when a helpful solution comes to mind with the so-called plug-in hybrid car, that can be electric on short trips still being gasoline powered on much longer ones.

To that end, Subaru just announced that it will offer its popular Crosstrek model as a plug-in hybrid as a way to satisfy demand of customers who want something partially electrified but not totally depending on a plug.

An interesting as well as a much more affordable option that's getting all my attention...

No comments: