Thursday, November 22, 2018

Another opening: Season #66!

Yesterday, I made the effort to get my ski gear out and make a few turns at Park City Mountain that had just opened for the ski season.

This is my 66th winter on skis and the 34th since I've lived in Park City. I was expecting more terrain opened for the circumstances and had to make do with only one serious lift and two runs.

This said, the experience was a step up over last year which was downright miserable. So let's call this first day passable. I showed up at 1:15 pm and stayed till about 3:00 pm.


The lift was slow (I learned that it was running on Diesel, don't ask me why when Vail Resorts has committed to a zero carbon footprint by 2020!) and that didn't add to the already poor experience. By 2:45 pm, the crowds had left and there was no line.

Will I return today? Nope. We're expecting quite a bit of snow in the next days, so I let the tourists rub their skis on the man-made concrete. I deserve better than that!

No comments: