Wednesday, December 19, 2018

How some cars are still sold...

Recently, I received a mail invitation offering two lift tickets at Deer Valley Resort (value $338!) if I drove to a Salt Lake Cadillac dealership and test one of their new models.

I decided to act on the offer and asked to drive the XT4, a new luxury crossover that could meet my needs in a future automobile.
Upon arriving I gave my invitation and a new salesman picked up a car for me to drive. After fumbling with the unusual commands, I got going, drove for about 10 minutes and returned to the sales office.

There, they processed my lift ticket vouchers, the salesman asked me when I would be in the market to purchase the car and I was on my way. At no time was I asked what kind of car I currently drive, what kind of driving I was doing and what I was looking for.

This showed me that traditional car makers haven't changed a bit in their way they're peddling car and that's not a good sign.

No comments: