Saturday, December 22, 2018

When two Frenchmen meet

Earlier this week, as I was running laps on Thaynes, in Park City, I rode the lift with a gentleman in his forties and I instantly detected a French accent from my companion.

Rightfully so, Olivier was my countryman who had lived in town for 5 years after arriving in San Francisco some 20 years ago. I suggested we skied down Thaynes and the young man went down full throttle which force me to keep up with him.

 As he saw me neck to neck with him, he accelerated, but couldn't keep up the pace all the way to the bottom.

We skied another run and he said “let's go slowly this time.” I acquiesced, but he pulled up the same trick and I had to beat him for a second time.

When we rode up for the third time, he said that he had to leave to pick up his son from school. Too bad, the third time is usually a charm!

No comments: