Monday, December 31, 2018

My first year as a Septuagenarian

While the World Health Organization sees 60 years of age as the threshold for being hold, and some sociologists push it to 65, I'm a little more generous and biased by allowing it to officially begin at 70, which has been my state of being for the past year.

I was a tiny bit apprehensive when I crossed that line some 12 months ago, but have since got used to it and here is what I have to report. First, I didn't totally fall apart and was able to carry out my daily activities with no regression worthy of major concern.

I have learned this very year that healing takes much longer, so I'm more careful in not hurting myself. I only went mountain-biking one time, I now hire someone to clean our hard-to-reach windows and I don't lift heavy loads any more.
Unless I've become totally delusional, I think that my brain still works well and my judgment remains well-grounded. As for skiing, it's so much second-nature that we won't even talk about it. Are there any no-so-good news?

My wife tells me sometimes that my body still looks good, but that implies that my face hasn't quite kept up and she'd right. So with all these (mostly) positive considerations in mind, I encourage you all to become septuagenarian, if you haven't started yet, and sign up for the full decade and beyond.

As for me,I feel well prepared and safe to travel the next nine years if I'm given that privilege!

No comments: