Sunday, December 2, 2018

Why I love snow removal

Second only to skiing, removing snow from around my home is my preferred winter activity. I like it for several reasons.

First, when there's snow to clear, there's good skiing to be had, and that's paramount to a ski-addict like me.

Second, it's a very concrete task. You begin with a space that is filled with snow and you liberate it from that invading white stuff. At the end, you can see and measure what has been done. There are few paid jobs left in this world that we are willing to do and that let you get that kind of satisfaction.

Finally, for perfectionists like me, it's another chance to act on my obsessive compulsive disorder, and strive for doing the best job possible and this is worth all its weight... in snow moved around!

No comments: