Sunday, September 8, 2019

Safe to push myself?

After my difficult ascent of Mt. Timpanogos, and my desire to improve next year’s performance, I’m always wondering if there is not a risk of falling into the trap of “too much exercise”, and in the process, destroy my body and whatever I have left to get me comfortably into the end of my life on this earth.

I certainly don’t want to fall into the category of exercise addicts, these folks that generally feel an extreme need for control in their lives even if it might mean killing themselves out of “extreme” performance.

Such “addicts” are also often high-achievers (I used to be a bit of that, but I’m not anymore), so I no longer see a present and clear danger of destroying myself in exercising too much, but I certainly have plenty of room for performance improvement!

No comments: