Wednesday, September 18, 2019

The mountain lion of my dreams

This past decade, there hasn’t been a year when several people have claimed to have sighted mountain lions in various Park City neighborhoods.

Even though this is my 35th year in town, I have to see one of these felines roaming free around my house or on the mountain during my hikes, mountain bike rides or skiing.

In this age of ubiquitous camera phones, I still am skeptical when folks reports so many sightings without a photograph to back up their claims. Without a doubt, these are city folks that can’t really tell the difference between a cat, a raccoon, a fox or a coyote.
At any rate, last night, I finally caught a glance of a real cougar, upon the roof of my house, as I was pulling out of my garage. The only caveat was that it was a dream.

A frightful one, though, that woke me up at 1 am and ruined the following two hours of sleep during which I remained wide eyed when I could have slept soundly.

Damned that big cat and the nightmare it brings!

No comments: