Monday, September 2, 2019

Unhappy purchase

I used to be all excited as soon as late summer came and I could purchase my family ski passes for the new winter season. I remember anticipating a season filled with fun and adventure, new lifts, new ski runs and plenty of new experiences.

Not anymore. Since Vail Resorts purchased Park City Mountain (PCM) in 2013, it made a huge, initial effort of modernizing Park City’s skis lifts and mountain amenities and has since stopped doing anything significant, leaving third world, fixed grip, two-chair lifts, in place while claiming world-class standards.

It’s clearly the evidence that Vail bit more than it could chew when it acquired PCM, and is today, woefully incapable of managing and updating its infrastructure.

Hopefully, Mike Goar, its up and coming CEO might be able to understand what Bill Rock (the departing one) couldn’t see or do, and reconcile me with a mountain I used to love, but which ownership I’ve begun to despise.

No comments: