Tuesday, October 15, 2019

A (stupid) way of pricing a ski vacation

According to the UK Daily Mail, Bansko in Bulgaria is the cheapest place in Europe for a family skiing holiday while Italy boasts the highest number of best value resorts.

The report I read said that a week ski vacation for a family of four in the Bulgarian only costs the equivalent of $1,936. This compares to my hometown resorts of Morzine and Avoriaz, respectively ranked 11th and 18th in that same survey with a cost of $2,644 and $2,868.
These prices seems very cheap to me, but in taking a closer look at the above table, I came to realize that it didn’t include any transportation from home to the ski resort and, more strikingly, no breakfast, dinner or accommodations.

Obviously Brits are willing to sleep outside under some very cold winter stars to save a few Pounds... I guess those are self-imposed sacrifices ahead of a gruesome Brexit!

No comments: