Tuesday, October 22, 2019

New snow to die for

Yesterday during our morning walk, we noticed some fresh snowboarding tracks at the Park City cemetery and were rightfully intrigued by them.

I also noticed that they all led to the same, modest, flat grave marker under the name of a certain Anna. I got closer, and using my secret but never disclosed talent of conversing with the dead, I stroke a conversation with the deceased that dwelt there.
After introducing myself, I asked: “Who are you” “Anna,” she responded, “What’s up with you?”

I went: “I couldn’t help but notice the nice tracks someone made next to your marker. They look cool.”

She said: “It’s me yesterday, just after it had snowed. I simply couldn’t resist!”

Impressed, I blurted out: “Gee, you’re good! Do you often ride like that?”

She admitted: “Not often as I should, plus I tire really fast and it’s a real pain to get the board in and out of the grave, but when you like to ride, I guess nothing stops you!”

Since I needed to move on, I tried to conclude: “So, no riding today, right?”

She perfectly addressed my concern by saying: “You know, I’d rather not come out during daylight, I don’t look that pretty anymore!”

No comments: