Sunday, October 20, 2019

When first snowfalls seem too early...

This has been a snowy October, so far. Park City received its first white coat five days ago and this morning was even whiter! Is this going to stick?

Perhaps at higher elevations, but most likely not just where we live.

This said, early snowflakes get the entire community, the whole Salt Lake Valley and the Utah fans all excited, whether they live in Los Angeles, New York or Florida.

Early snow storms are no longer as forceful on me as it used to be. First, my survival doesn’t depend 100% upon the ski business and also, I’ve learned, over the years, not to get too excited about premature snowfalls.

I’d rather get a deep snowfall early December than a myriad of small ones in October that all end up melting away. Yet, this morning, I still can feel the anticipation!

No comments: