Friday, May 26, 2023

End of winter at home...

It is one of my many foibles to keep track of the exact date when the snow disappear around our home and on the surrounding mountain tops. 

Since I’ve kept track of it, I’ve never seen a bit of snow left around the houses we’ve lived at Park City, past May 8. 

This year, of course, following such a long and record-breaking winter and generous snow cover had to be different, and as of today there still is a miserable patch of snow hanging in there, on the east side of our home, that I photographed last night and might last through the day or perhaps tomorrow. 

I’m a bit disappointed because I secretly hoped we’d hang on to it till the month of June! This might be for a “next time” that I won’t be able to see in my lifetime!


 

No comments: