Sunday, May 28, 2023

The “factor” I hate about my Tesla

Recently, I wrote a rather upbeat report about my first year driving a Tesla and praised the electric car brand. 

There was nothing exceptional about what I wrote, as it pretty much mirrors the fact that Tesla currently holds a satisfaction rating of 96% among its users, outscoring every other car manufacturer company. 

The company has also claimed the top spot in the Consumer Reports' annual owner satisfaction survey, where 91% of Tesla owners stated that they would buy another Tesla vehicle in the future. So why do I have to say that I have a “big problem” with my car just two weeks after I was so excited about it? It’s quite simple: 

The “factor” I hate now is Elon Musk, the owner of the company for admonishing me to vote for Trump in 2020, for purchasing Twitter and using it to support the American extremist right, including Ron DeSantis, Governor of Florida, in his 2024 race for the White House. 

I also hate his arrogance and his narcissism. It’s not always been that way, up until Trump came to power I admired the man and even tested his car back in 2014 promising myself to buy one someday. 

While I don’t believe in cursing people, I’m pretty much convinced that Twitter is likely to distract him tremendously from what he’s supposed to do at his other companies and that someone will soon come up with a better alternative to Twitter that people will be finally able to go to! 


No comments: