Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Taking a day off?

It’s in 2007 that I begun writing this blog, following my Achilles's tendon rupture in March. On November 29, it would become daily and bilingual (English-French). 

Since that time it has never taken a day off. I precisely wanted to do it yesterday to celebrate the European Labor Day, but thought instead to reflect on all that time passed and glance into the future. Not only I have enjoyed writing so far, but it has never been too hard for me to find subjects that interested me enough and discuss them through this medium.

How long will this practice continue? I’m not exactly sure. Probably as long as enjoy it and keep on asking myself questions or wanting to address subjects that are important to me. 

So far, this blog has provided me with a great creative outlet and has forced to look deeper into topics I wouldn’t have explored so intensively otherwise, and it has educated me in the process. 

Some say that as we age, we need to make sure our minds stay active. My daily practice has certainly put my brains to work, even when they didn’t feel like it at all! 

Over the years, it’s been a pleasure for me to share my opinions and ideas with my readers, so please don’t be shy; when something motivates you to do so, chime in and let me know that you’re still thinking, alive and well!

No comments: