Thursday, June 15, 2023

Best Buy’s good tech support

I’ve been lamenting about America’s declining customer service, but was pleasantly surprise in experiencing Best Buy’s Geek Squad, the large electronic retailer’s customer service. 

In the past, when I ran into computer problems I couldn’t solve, I turned to local tech repair men who were all but nice, helpful or affordable. To put it simply, they inspired me everything, but confidence. 

When I got my most recent computer breakdown, I couldn’t get the hold of these tech guys I usually work with, so I turned to the Geek Squad. First, over the phone and then in person at their store. 

In both instances, I found them to be courteous, effective, pleasant and not pushy, in other words, neither tech (a girl then a guy) I experienced that time, tried to sell me anything like a service contract or attempted to tell me that my computer was too old and needed to be replaced. 

This has changed my view on the “big box” store and next time, I’ll consider going there when I’m in need of some tech products or a repair!

No comments: