Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Repulsive task?

For a long time, months, I should say, I’ve been putting off what I considered to be a chore involving some paint work. It was in fact a very small job, a tiny one, that if was done, would have some positive and relieving effect on my well-being, but for some unknown reasons I could never get started on it. 

Miraculously, I went to work over this past weekend and accomplished what should have been done long ago. 

In trying to analyze my reluctance to get to work on this task, I can only fault my lack of experience in the little touch-up I wanted to get done, my resulting poor expectation as to the quality of the job and my lack of satisfaction when all would be said and done. 

Yet, after I did what I was set to do, I did not feel too bad, was happy that the pesky task was accomplished and out of the way. 

I absolutely need to keep this experience in mind next time I’m confronted with a similar challenge!

No comments: