Thursday, June 8, 2023

When righteous folks comment...

The other day, I read a well-written article about Karin Harjo, a female ski coach’s that focused on how exposure to a large number of different cultures (Japanese, Norwegian, American and Canadian with it English and French speaking challenges) could made people that much more adaptable and successful in their approach to good communication, effective skills development and, ultimately, great human success. 

An acquaintance of mine, former ski coach, whom I thought would enjoy this excellent article, replied that a quick revue of the article made him realize how insignificant is ski racing, and what goes on within it is the concern of a small bubble of privileged people that himself used to belong to. 

He continued and said that his mind was more into the absurdity of the war in Ukraine than the progress of women finally reaching equality in ski coaching, which wasn’t the main reason why I found the article worth forwarding. 

Just like this fellow, I too, am horrified by what goes on in Ukraine and aside from "neutralizing" Putin and his entourage, I don't see how this conflict can be resolved quickly. My point is that each topic has its place in any discussion and doesn’t require lecturing the individual that brings it up, which in that case was yours truly. 

I guess, this was just a “bump” on the highway of existence that won't crimp my style!

No comments: