Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Helping someone makes us feel so good!

Early evening, the other day, we walked by the house of an elderly couple, Kurt and Noreen. He’s 88 and she’s 84 and they’ve recently been besieged with a lot of ongoing and serious medical issues. 

They were trying to plant a huge bunch of nasturtium by the entrance of their house and looked totally wiped out. We stopped and starting chatting, inquiring about the state of their health and their more recent treatments. 

Then, all of a sudden, without really knowing why, I knelled on the grass and finished planting what they had begun. There were still about 30 flowers to be planted. I went pretty fast doing it, taking my time, doing it right, but moving swiftly. 

My jeans were muddy, my hand dirty, they couldn’t believe this was happening and I genuinely and simply felt immensely good.

No comments: