Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Jesus meets Jean-Claude Killy

The scene happened a few days ago, in Cologny, an affluent suburb of Geneva, Switzerland 

The famous skier Jean-Claude Killy was out doing some shopping when he was accosted by a middle-eastern young man who tapped him on the shoulder, saying: “Do you recognize me?” Surprised, Killy went: “Not really, but I may have met you somewhere…” The man introduced himself: “I’m Jesus”. 

Even more stunned, Killy just replied: “Wow! The one from Nazareth”? “You got it.” said the smiling interloper. Somehow and pretty rapidly the two sat down at a nearby café and began an animated discussion. 

Jesus: “What have you been up to Jean-Claude?” 

Killy: “Not much, I’m retired now and I’ve been deflecting the tons of criticism I received as a result of my friendship with Putin.” 

Jesus: “That’s understandable, the man is such a creep!” 

Killy: “Not really, if you make an effort to listen to what he has to say…” 

Jesus: “The majority of people have fascinating tales to share, but they’re not always true, Jean-Claude!” 

Killy: “Are you suggesting I’m just another gullible guy unable to think critically?” 

Jesus: “That’s possible, and this makes you stand-out like an oddity, when every reasonable person who has observed Putin’s maneuvers thinks the man is a war criminal. How can you square that?” 

Killy: “Among a majority of people that mindlessly follow trends and fashionable opinions, I’ve remained an extremely loyal person and my sense of judgment has almost never or seldom failed me. Unlike many others, I take pride in my track-record…” 

Jesus: “Do I see that there has been special consideration on the part of Putin that could have mollified your judgment towards him?” 

Killy: “What are you suggesting? I act ethically, period. Before anything, he’s my friend and I think he’s right.” 

Jesus: “Have any of your friends told you that friendship was woefully misplaced?” 

Killy: “Yes, many have attempted to change my mind, even mocked me, there’s even a French guy who lives in America who sent me a letter asking to intervene with Putin to stop the invasion of Ukraine…” 

Jesus: “What did you do, then?” 

Killy: “I remained undeterred.” 

Jesus: “Well, I’m not getting much traction with you Jean-Claude, so I’m going back to heaven!” 

Killy: “Hope to see you there…” 

Jesus: “We'll see..”

No comments: