Saturday, November 18, 2023

Let the ski season begin!

Friday, December 17th was the first day of my ski season at Park City Mountain, and since I don’t usually miss any season opening, I was there. 

This is the 60th opening for Park City Mountain (it actually began operations on December 21, 1963) and the beginning of my 71st ski season. I was amazed by all the snow that was made in the middle of… nothing! 

Yet, the snow was a bit slushy and icy in parts, plus I made the error of not using my best skis, so it wasn’t really enjoyable. 

This said, I took my 10 runs on a narrow Payday run, that first expensive day (as always) cost me the price of my season pass and I thought that the future of skiing wasn’t looking promising with temperatures in the low 50s. 

We’ll see how things develops… 

View from the base of the Payday lift by end of afternoon

No comments: