Tuesday, November 14, 2023

One door closes, another opens…

It's apparently, Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote’s author, who first wrote in 1605: "When one door is shut, another is opened." 

This phrase is often used to express the idea that change, while difficult, can also lead to new and unexpected opportunities. It’s a reminder that even when things don't go as planned, there is always hope for the future.

I have experienced it many times during my life in spite of the fact that I rarely expect any better solution to spring up and advantageously replace my previous, more comfortable situation. This message of hope and encouragement, suggests that even when things unexpectedly go south there are still paths forward. 

This could be a job loss, a personal breakup, an illness or the end of a significant chapter in one’s life. The opening of a door means new possibilities, new paths to discover, and new experiences to explore. It's also an invitation to step out of our comfort zones and venture into the unknown, where we may discover that we have hidden talents, can pursue untapped passions, and forge brand new connections. 

t also underscores the importance of maintaining a positive outlook and keeping an open mind in the face of change. Instead of dwelling on the closed door, we should shift our focus towards the doors that are likely to open up, appreciating the good surprise it offers us and embracing whatever comes with some new beginnings. 

Even though I’m now older and have fewer doors that can be slammed shut in my face, I tend to forget this truth and I would be well advised to plant it into my mind!

No comments: