Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Where do I stand with religion?

It’s a bit of a stretch to say that I’m just a spiritual person, but I’m definitely not part of any man-made, organized religion as we know them. I appreciate and I am in awe of Nature and the Universe, as I see as a representation of God in my own manner. 

I never cease to admire the miracle of life everywhere and while I can’t understand how and why it all got started, I put more stock in astrophysics than in Genesis. 

Little by little, science will tell humanity where the universe comes from and about the life force that’s behind it. 

And talking about life force, unless I can hitch a ride on this fabulous source of power when I depart life, I don’t know where else I could go. My idea of eternal life is already answered by the bits of DNA I passed on to my children and this satisfies me greatly. I consider that being born is already a huge privilege that I received and I cherish this constantly. 

Heaven has been here on earth for me and I was lucky to experience very little Hell during most of my life. I hope it stays that way and I’ll remain always grateful for all the wonders I’ve experienced. This is how I define my religion.

No comments: