Friday, June 12, 2009

Inspiration from visualization

When I want to ski smoothly, visualizing a great skier helps me tremendously, and whenever I can think of it, or need that little extra boost, I bring that picture on my mental screen. Along the same idea, I've also discovered that when I run and I find the hill too steep or my legs are feeling a bit tired, I bring back the picture of Constantina Tomescu-Dita from Romania, who won the 2008 Women’s Olympic Marathon, leaving an incredible gap between her and the silver medalist.

Watching this event has made such an impression on me that I will never forget it. I keep on seeing her flying and extracting strength out of thin air. As soon as I visualize her dominating that race, my stride suddenly lengthens, I feel much lighter and start moving faster. It's as if my feet barely hit the ground and all begin to feel a lot easier and effortless. It's pure magic and I marvel how this “mental pill” has the raw power to boost my physical strength to such a degree.

Tomorrow, I'll expand into other areas where we can also use that tool in order to re-focus ourselves and achieve even more.

To be continued...

No comments: