Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Name calling...

Just recently I was told that I was “an arrogant Frog” by someone I know and who holds a very high position in our community. This was the first time – in the 32 I have lived in the United States - that I was called a name like that. At first, I just couldn't believe that such a prominent person could even say something like that. I slept over it and the next day, asked the individual whether he was just kidding, extremely tired or under the influence of some drug or alcohol when he uttered that slur. I was told it wasn't the case; it was just in reaction to an opinion I had expressed. However, it so happened that that person had not paid close attention to what was actually expressed, misinterpreted it, and went on to insulting me! Pretty unbelievable, but I stood my ground with tact and class to eventually prevail. Never roll over and play dead!

No comments: