Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Revolution, evolution and compromise

Revolution might be the byproduct of impatience. It generally is very costly and not always efficient. It's very satisfying though as with it, comes generally instant gratification. Since they require perfect timing and the right chemistry, revolutions don't happen all the time either and it's when evolution comes in handy. I'm probably not talking about a Darwinian form of change over a long period of time. I'm not patient enough for that! I tend to prefer the intermediary steps like the compromise or the hybrid solution. That's right, just like the Toyota Prius; half electric, half internal combustion. I usually don't love the “half-baked” nature of compromise, but I'll accept it when there seem to be no other available issue. That's right, to crack the hard sfuf, I'll now be aiming for compromises and we'll see if it works...

No comments: