Thursday, June 25, 2009

Time and observation

I've mentioned before that the more time is spend on a project, the better the results. Sure, the law of diminishing returns applies in that domain as well, but it's yet another evidence that it pays to take the time. In the past, I was convinced of this truism when putting thoughts on paper and not necessarily when observing a situation from all of its various angles. The minute you start doing that, you begin to see new elements, surprising features, hidden pathways and can turn a dilemma or something apparently impossible to solve on its head. This happened to me a few days ago, when I saw something feasible, yet very simple, out of an idea I had long given up on. What it took was more observation, looking “outside of the box” as we like to say, to discover that an impasse could be turned into a King's Highway

No comments: