Thursday, June 18, 2009

Looking for a happy medium...

Following last night's non-stop deluge and yesterday's announcement by Obama that our government is finally going to place some restrictions on financial institutions, excesses of all types are now flooding my mind. What's too much? I only will go over a few things that are dear to me. For starters, there are too many of us on the planet. Let's reduce our population from 6.7 down to 1.5 billion; how do we do that? Less religion, more birth control, sensible education and let's start taxing families over four people.

Next, we need to stop the migration from rural areas into cities; half of all humanity now lives in metro areas. What ever happened to telecommuting? Of course we must rein in obscene salaries. $20 million a year for a bank CEO, a pro golfer or soccer player? What about $250,000? Don't get me started with big houses; 10,000 square feet homes are unsustainable; cut'em down to 2,000! The list could go on and the paradigm that “we're too big to fail” must be changed to “we're too obese to last...” and as I'm jotting that down, I can't help but think about dinosaurs...

No comments: