Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Dodge ski boot

Dave Dodge is someone I have known since my days with Lange ski boots. At the time, he was working as a consultant to the ski industry in the arera of composite material technology. Over a year ago, he unveiled a new ski boot design that uses composites and is aimed at the top performance skiers such as world level racers. I recently saw the boot when I met with Dave and his friend and business associate Bill Doble. The product is extremely lightweight, lightning-speed responsive and has a patented entry feature that enable to slip the foot into its super rigid cavity. The price is commensurate with the product uniqueness: $1,500! While none of the sizes made could fit me at the time, I didn't get a chance to try one on snow, yet alone in the lobby of the hotel where we met, I was impressed with the concept. I showered them with marketing advice and wished them success...

No comments: