Monday, April 19, 2010

Taking a vacation from... skiing!

Yesterday, I marked Park City Mountain Resort closing day by my active participation. Since the weather was rather warm, I skied from 9 to 12:20 pm and then called it... a season! Well not quite, since I still plan to ski 2 or 3 times in nearby Little Cottonwood Canyon as this as become a tradition for me in recent year. The difference being that instead of being the rule, skiing will now become the exception from my daily life as spring days are becoming a warmer reality. Long and fast turns will be replaced by yard work, dandelion salads, some biking and longer walks in the afternoon. This snow season that started on the skimpy side ended up being a very good one and with so many days on skis, I feel very fortunate...

No comments: