Sunday, April 4, 2010

Just do the math...

On Friday morning, I skied just over a couple of hours. I went to Deer Valley and ran “laps” on Lady Morgan into one foot deep fresh powder. I counted 20 rides, non-stop, if I can include one spectacular flip when my skis hit a bump or something and forced the rest of my body into a full somersault. All told, in just 150 minutes I skied more than 26,000 vertical. The next day, I repeated this series of laps in the afternoon in yet another foot of dense spring powder and tallied over 31,000 vertical in about 3 hours.

This time my legs felt bruised and I was literally on my knees after 2 Wasatch and 15 Sultan, all non-stop. In fact I felt more tired that day than when we broke the Utah vertical record (112,750 vertical) on January 4. All this to say that if you want to ski an awful lot in a very short amount of time, namely more than 10,000 vertical an hour, these two unique Deer Valley lifts are the “ticket...”

No comments: