Friday, April 9, 2010

Sometimes, I'm too much...

When I step into any business situation that I can understand, I can't resist visualizing what I would change, modify, tinker or experiment with. You can put that on the account on my perfectionism or my unrelenting need to optimize everything I come across with. That's right, I can't be satisfied not just by pure mediocrity, but also by whatever isn't perfect and could easily be improved. That's my nature and I know that it still ruffles a lot of feathers today as I'm retired than years ago when I was active.

If I care for a business, for an industry or if I see a void that isn't filled, I immediately “connect the dots” and imagine or suggest whatever needs to be there. Is that bad? Probably from a political standpoint; folks don't want someone who brings change and screws-up the status-quo. This is probably why I could have gone much further in my careers had I been more muted, much slower and less vocal. But that's the way I am and I don't regret one single of my apparent foolish moves. Live is short, resources are scarce and what we need on this planet are more people willing to think and act boldly...

No comments: