Saturday, April 24, 2010

My buddy François Feuz

Yesterday, I had decided to call my friend François Feuz in Switzerland. I got his wife Marie-Jo on the phone; she sounded distraught as she told me that about one month ago, while skiing in Courchevel, Francois had taken a bad fall, damaged some of his vertebrae and was now in a Swiss hospital undergoing extensive rehab work. The offshoot of that accident is that François is likely to be at best paraplegic.

This couldn't have happened to a nicer guy and should make us appreciate how lucky we are to be able to walk around on our own two feet! While on that call, I also spoke to his youngest son who said that it was important to keep his Dad's spirits up, and that feeling sorry wasn't going to help him much. He asked me to ask all the folks I knew who had ever come in contact with Francois to shoot a short video reminiscing the good old days and expressing a message of strength, hope and “can-do” attitude.
A larger film will be pieced up from all that footage and his son plans to show him shortly to cheer him up. If you have questions about video format or where to send it, just ask me. Currently, François is hospitalized at Nottwill, near Lucerne and will stay there through November or December. He can't take any phone calls, but the hospital will read email messages sent to him through this link; so if you happen to know François, tell him you're 100% with him and want him to feel his personal best very soon!

No comments: