Monday, January 14, 2013

Golden Globes vs. Oscars

Last night, instead of watching the “Golden Globes,” we braved the freezing cold and went out to see a movie. That's when I caught myself thinking: “If my life depended on it, would I be able to tell the difference between the Golden Globes and the Oscars?”  My answer was a resounding no. So I guess, that in that instance, my ignorance could kill me.

At this time of the year, we're served the Golden Globes first, then the Oscars. The main differences between the two events is that the former are given to all forms of media (film, music, etc.) while the latter only apply to films (including documentary and animation.)

The Golden Globes are presented by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and cover both domestic and foreign productions. On the other hand, the Oscars are awarded by the American Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Science and remain the most prestigious.

Remember that and you'll stay alive should your life ever depend on knowing this difference!

No comments: