Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ups, downs and spice of life

What would we do without a continuous string of ups and downs? Would we find enough excitement or could we cruise comfortably through a predictable, boring and flat existence? I personally would not like to lead a “flat” life.

I also have learned that the greater the amplitude between two opposite situations, the greater the rewards and the more punishing the penalties. So it probably becomes a matter of tolerance for these two extremes and a matter of ability to take them in stride.

 I believe I need to feel some variations between good and bad, pleasure and pain, success and failure, wonderful and terrible. I can tell that, as I become more mature, I require less variation or amplitude than when I was younger and adrenaline-dependent, but I still need some measure of ups and downs. I see that variation as a fair measure of what makes living interesting.

I could call it “spice of life...”

No comments: