Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Simple goals for the New Year

For years, I have set resolutions and have never really kept track of how good I had been with them, yet alone met them altogether!

This year, I want to change things a bit and focus on fuzzy objectives, but nonetheless big goals, and see how they end up serving me and the people I come in contact with on a regular basis. So this is the general framework, let's now explore them in details:
  • First and foremost, I want to stop worrying about events or elements that are out of my control (earthquakes, end of the world, sudden death, etc.) 
  • Next, I only want to address events or elements that I can affect through my attention, my efforts and some personal intervention. 
  • Finally, I want to be living in the moment and enjoying that time to its fullest, that is, give others my undivided attention, avoid multitasking and be present when I'm supposed to...
What a concept!

No comments: