Sunday, January 13, 2013

Switching to... Positive!

I have that friend that, when I talk to him, never fails to complain about anything and everything; the government, morality, modernism and all kinds of things ending in “ism...”  I could see him as a pain in the ass, but sometime, when I can successfully turn his “switch” from negative to positive, he can be very, very good and profound.

I was speaking with him recently and managed to turn a list of opening complaints into a discussion about genuine, original and well-taken observations about life and nature, thus transforming a negative exchange into a positive and rewarding interaction.

Bottom line: From now on, I've made a commitment to turn all those who begin as nay-Sayers into “smiley faces” and debaters of good news. We'll see if that newest resolution will stick!

No comments: