Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ski-kaleidoscope

Yesterday afternoon turned out into fantastic ski time. The weather was dreary, snowy and cold. I still pushed myself to go out for a few hours and to find eight-times more snow on the mountain that had accumulated onto my driveway.

That fresh snow was silky-smooth and turned everything into magic again. I did a few runs that I seldom ski and one of them in particular – a long, athletic mogul descent – twice! I had great fun, felt great, except for my rock skis that by now are clearly dragging me behind.

What I wanted to express though, that with skiing, and particularly when the weather is far from ideal, conditions create a array of unique experiences that can never be fully duplicated. In fact, they're truly never the same.

So you folks that may feel jaded and “tired” from ordinary, “perfect” skiing, pay attention to that. If you want some change, refresh your experience with skiing and recharge your “enthusiasm batteries,” embrace dire weather conditions and get yourself out of some debilitating routine!

No comments: