Saturday, January 16, 2016

Experiencing the new Park City gondola

The new gondola that connects Park City to Canyons is sleek, large and spacious. It can accommodate 8 passengers, but most of the time there are far less people inside the panoramic cabin.

Yesterday, I barged upon a group of four young kids and they were a bit put off to have me with them. They immediately asked me if I would mind if they smoke pot. I said fine, as long as you keep one window slightly open. They did, and then we had a nice conversation. They offered me a smoke and I graciously passed on their offer.

Then, I decided to ski the steep Park City side of that new gondola which I had not done before. I hiked to access the gate and pretty soon, I was skiing some excellent pow, on the wide-open steep slope that sits right under the upper part of the gondola. 
I was the only one having fun there and soon understood why:When I got to the bottom of the bowl I had to walk with my skis on, for over one mile, over a service road that fortunately had been groomed, as the bottom part of the run, far too forested, couldn't be skied down safely. This morning my legs were still sore after all that unforeseen staking and pushing.

Well, live and learn!

No comments: