Monday, January 4, 2016

Forty years ago today : Back to the ENSA !

I had been working with Look bindings in France for only 16 month and was allowed to take a four week break to complete my French ski instructor certification, at the brand new National School of Skiing and Alpinism in Chamonix.

The company was generous enough to keep paying me during that leave of absence that could have been assimilated to a form of “continuing education”. I remember that, for the occasion, I mounted a pair of Duret skis with a new LK5 plate binding from Look, which was a bizarre, heavy, clunky product, that jammed up stuck after just a few days of hard skiing, but somehow managed to handle all my perquisite courses without failing me.

This would be the beginning of the end in my career as a ski instructor...

No comments: