Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Shopping for computers...

Around New Year's eve, my All-in-One (AIO) computer died on me. The second to quit that way in five years. I spoke to the technician who retrieved the data out of the machine and he said that it happened often with these new, AIO machines.

Too much stuff cramped too tight inside a flat case and a tendency to overheat. As a result, the morale of the story is no more AIO and no more Hewlett-Packard! So I went shopping and even crossed the threshold of the Apple store where I saw some sleek devices, but generally priced between 50% and 100% over normal Windows computers.
I also went to a local place that builds you the exact machine you want for 3 times the cost you'd pay in a big box store. I choose to return to a good old desktop with plenty of power, strong ventilation, enough space for a technician to work on it and with a 3 year warranty, it should easily take me to the next, logical, technological upgrade!

No comments: